Kung wala ka pang Paymaya account, sign-up now, under referral code enter K48RYL49R6DL. You may also use this link to download and signup for Paymaya.
Do you still pay your bills (for Pag-ibig, SSS, Meralco, PLDT, Smart, etc) the old-fashioned way? Do you ask friends who have credit cards to book flights for you? Are you tired of enduring the super long queues just to get tickets to a blockbuster movie you want to watch so badly?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, then you need to check out PayMaya.
We’ve been using Paymaya more and more from loading our prepaid phones to paying in department stores, sending money to a bank account. Lots of things can be done through Paymaya.
What Is Paymaya?
PayMaya is the first prepaid online payment app that allows you to perform different kinds of cashless transactions. With PayMaya, you can shop online, book flights, and do a lot of other things which were previously impossible to do without owning an actual credit card.
How To Use Paymaya?
The PayMaya app is a convenient, fast, and easy way to deal with everyday transactions. With the app, you can:
- Shop Online – You can use your PayMaya app to pay for purchases you made online.
- Book Flights – With your PayMaya app, you can book flights to and from your favorite destinations even if you don’t have a credit card.
- Stream Music and Videos – Now you can pay for your Spotify and Netflix subscriptions without heading to your nearest payment centers.
- Buy Games – With the PayMaya app, you can use your account to pay for and buy games!
- Buy Tickets – Movie lovers now can simply use their PayMaya app to buy movie tickets.
- Pay Bills – Now, you don’t have to worry about missing your bill payments. You can pay them with your PayMaya app!
- Send Remittance – With the PayMaya app, you can send and receive money from your loved ones fast and easy.
- Purchase Goods Without Cash – Using the PayMaya app, you can go to your favorite merchants and shop til you drop!
How To Upgrade Paymaya?
Before you can use the Paymaya features, you need to sign up and create an account. First, download the Paymaya mobile app on the App Store (for iOS) or Google Play (for Android). Then, follow this step-by-step guide:
- Tap the Menu button, then tap “Upgrade my account”
- Prepare your valid ID, put your name, birthdate and other details that match your ID.
For faster approval of your upgrade, using a primary ID is recommended. Here is the list of primary IDs:
- Driver’s License
- PRC License
- Postal ID (issued 2015 onwards)
- Take clear front and back photos of your vald ID and upload it to the app
- Record a video selfie.
- Review your application then tap “submit”
- Wait for the account upgrade confirmation, then tap “Done” . You can check your application by clicking “Check My Upgrade Status”.
It’s as easy as that! Your account is ready in just a few taps.
When your account is ready, you can start using Paymaya’s wide range of services. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Paymaya:
How to Cash In Paymaya
Before you can use Paymaya for payments, you need to top up your Paymaya account.
Topping up a Paymaya account is easy and straightforward. Just follow these three simple steps:
- Log in to your Paymaya account.
- Select “Add Money”.
- Choose the Add Money Partner of your choice, then follow the instructions stated by the selected partner.
Cashing into Paymaya is free of charge as long as you don’t exceed a total of PHP 10,000 in a month. If you go over this amount after depositing the funds through over-the-counter channels, a convenience fee of 1% will be taken out of your total credit balance. No fee will be deducted if you top up through digital channels.
Over-the-counter cash in partners
7-Eleven, Ministop, Robinsons Department Store, SM Store, Gaisano Capital
Online and mobile bank transfer
Instapay and PESONet bank partners
How to Transfer Money From GCash to PayMaya
- Open your GCash wallet and log in using your MPIN. Tap “Send Money” on the home screen. Next, tap “Send to Bank.”
- Tap “View All” as shown in the screenshot below.
- Scroll down and choose “PayMaya Philippines, Inc.” Enter the amount you want to send, account name, account number, and email address (optional). The account number is the mobile number associated with your PayMaya account. Tap “SEND MONEY.”
- Verify that your provided information is correct. Tap “CONFIRM” to complete the transaction.
- Your GCash to PayMaya transfer is now being processed. Wait for the SMS and/or email confirmation of your successful transaction.
Paymaya to GCASH Transfer Free
PayMaya users have a P10,000 monthly threshold which applies only to over-the-counter cash-in transactions. Anything beyond that amount will be charged a 1% transaction fee.
Paymaya to GCASH
- Open your PayMaya app and enter your login credentials.
- On the main menu screen of the app, select Bank Transfer > GCash.
- Provide the correct information such as the amount you wish to transfer, an 11-digit number as your account number, name, and purpose, and then click “Continue.”
- A confirmation message will pop up entailing the details of the transaction created. If everything is correct, click “SEND.”
- The mobile no. you’ve connected to your PayMaya account will receive a one-time pin. Enter this 6-digit pin in the app then click “PROCEED.”
- You will also receive a message entailing the success of your transfer from PayMaya to GCash.
How to Link Paymaya to Paypal
- After creating a PayPal account, go to “Banks and Cards” and choose “Link a Card or Bank”.
- Under “Link a payment method” screen choose “Link a debit or credit card”.
- Then under the “Link a card” screen enter your PayMaya virtual card information and ensure that your PayPal address is an exact match with the address used in your PayMaya registration
- After entering your PayMaya virtual card information and made sure that all information were correct you can then click “Link Card”.
- Anticipate a charge of $1 to your PayMaya card as PayPal authenticates your account.
That’s it! You have successfully linked your PayMaya card to your PayPal account. You can now start transferring your PayPal funds to your PayMaya wallet.
For new users, the PayMaya virtual card can be found on your PayMaya app. Just tap “My Cards” and select “Online Payment Card Number”. You can then access your PayMaya virtual card complete with the 16-digit card number, expiration date, and CVV2 code which you can use for online transactions just like you would use a credit or debit card.
How to Get Paymaya Physical Card
To be able to shop online using Paymaya, you must upgrade your account to get the virtual Paymaya card. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Paymaya account.
- On “My Cards” page, click “Online Payment Card Number”.
- Then, click “Activate Now”.
- Add at least PHP 100 to activate the card.
How To Shop online with Paymaya
Once you’ve topped up your Paymaya account and activated your virtual card, you can start shopping online. Here’s how to use Paymaya to make online purchases.
When you reach the payment page of the website you’re buying from, follow these instructions on how to use Paymaya to shop online.
- When asked for your preferred payment option, select either “Debit” or “Credit Card”.
- Enter the card details on your virtual card. Just click “View Card” on your app to find your card details.
- Confirm the transaction. Upon successful payment, you will receive a text message that will notify you about the purchase.
You can check the total credit balance left on your account on the app’s “Activity List”.
Pay bills online with Paymaya
You can also pay bills online with Paymaya to avoid the inconvenience of having to travel and queue to settle your bills. Here’s how to use Paymaya to pay bills online:
- On your Paymaya app’s homepage, select “Pay Bills”.
- Select the biller you want to pay.
- Fill out the required fields, then enter the billing amount.
- Confirm the payment. Then, you will receive an SMS message of the payment confirmation.
Pay using Paymaya’s QR code reader
Some merchants will also allow you to pay using a QR code. Here’s how to use Paymaya to pay with a QR code:
- On your Paymaya app, tap the “Scan” option on the homepage.
- Place your phone’s camera in front of the merchant’s QR code, and then it will lead you to the payment page.
- Enter the amount then click “Continue”.
- Verify the details of the purchase then click “PAY”.
- First, login to your Paymaya app.
- Click the 3 lines on the top-left side to open the navigation menu.
- Scroll down the menu and click “Invite friends“
- Choose which of the referral options you want to use and send the invite to your chosen family, colleagues, and friends.
- Wait for a week or so to receive the 50 pesos bonus from Paymaya.
Which is better Paymaya or GCash?
Paymaya and GCash are the two largest e-wallet providers in the Philippines. Though they offer similar services, one has advantages over the other in certain aspects and features.
Here’s a breakdown to help determine which is better – Paymaya or GCash:
1. Number of users
2. Registration and account verification
As a financial service, both companies are required to conduct Know Your Customer (KYC) checks before confirming their customers’ profiles.
Customers have found that Paymaya’s process is quite time-consuming and you need to request an account upgrade before you can use other features.
On the other hand, GCash’s customer verification process is much smoother, as it can be achieved through a simple selfie verification process.
3. Mobile app feature
|Mobile App Features||Paymaya||GCash|
|Physical prepaid card||✔||✔|
|Virtual prepaid card||✔||✔|
|Buy prepaid load||✔||✔|
|Scan and pay via QR code||✔||✔|
|Link to PayPal||✔||✔|
|Buy movie tickets||✔||✔|
|Send gifts / treats||✔|
Out of the listed 17 features, GCash offers 16, whilst Paymaya only provides 12.
4. Customer support
Customers have found that GCash is not very responsive to customer queries and follow-ups. Their customer service is also not accessible through messenger or the website.
On the other hand, Paymaya is more responsive to customer concerns, and you can reach them through messenger, email, or landline.
Given these factors, GCash may be slightly ahead of Paymaya. However, everyone has their preferences when picking a mobile wallet service provider. You should choose the mobile wallet that suits your needs and gives you the most convenience.