Way back in 2015, I was once a beginning blogger too, blogging seems overwhelming, and it’s hard!
But, I overcame the challenges with the help of different blogging tools and resources like apps, free and paid courses, books, videos, etc.
In this post, I will share the best blogging tools and resources in 2021 to get you started.
Whenever I come across a new tool or resource for bloggers, I’ll be updating this post with more options.
- Grammarly – Most popular web writing assistant.
- Capitalize my Title – Automatically capitalize & convert the case of text to Title Case (in AP, APA, Chicago, MLA), the sentence case.
- ByWord – Distraction-free writing tool.
- Grammar Checker – Free grammar checker from Writer.com
- Hemingway App – Hemingway App makes your writing bold and clear. It highlights lengthy, complex sentences and common errors.
- MonsterInsights Headline Analyzer – This headline analyzer evaluates your headline, email subject, or ad title on a scale from 1-100 for the following categories readability, SEO, and sentiment (emotion). It’s integrated with the MonsterInsights plugin.
- CoSchedule Headline Studio – Score your headlines to get helpful, headline-boosting suggestions.
- NewsFeed Eradicator – Are you spending too much time on Facebook? This chrome extension eradicates distractions by replacing your entire news feed with an inspiring quote.
- Freedom.to – Block distracting websites so you can focus on writing.
- The Events Calendar – #1 events calendar for WordPress
Image Editing Tools and Image Optimisation
- Canva – Design pretty images and social media posts.
- JPEG Mini – Reduce the size of .jpeg files.
- Optimole – Reduce the size of .png files.
- Pic Monkey – Award-winning image editing tool.
- Pik to Chart – Simple infographic creation tool.
- Pixlr – Image editing tool.
- Favicon.io – The best favicon generator, ever.
- ShortPixel Image Optimizer – An easy-to-use plugin like Optimole that can compress all your past images and PDF documents with a single click.
- Termly – FREE legal policy generators and GDPR cookie consent manager
- Loom – A video messaging tool that helps you get your message across instantly shareable videos.
- Krisp – Noise-canceling app, which removes background noise during calls.
Free Stock Photos & Images
- CreativeFabrica– Huge icon and graphic templates directory.
- Morgule File – More than 350,000 images for commercial use.
- Stock Snap – Image directory site with beautiful free photos added weekly.
- Unsplash – Website dedicated to sharing stock photography.
Hosting, Domain & Providers
- Namecheap– Namecheap’s lower first-year cost is very helpful especially when a new idea or name strikes your mind. You got to buy that name first before someone else!
- Dreamhost – This blog is hosted on Dreamhost. They have the best tech staff, there’s 1-click WordPress installation, free SSL certificate to protect my site, and other affordable prices. For more guidance, check out my tutorial on how to start a blog.
- Crazy Domains PH – Get the best prices for domain names in the Philippines
- Domain.com – Domain.com is a domain registrar and web hosting company headquartered in Vancouver, Washington
- Hostgator – provider of secure and affordable web hosting
- Bluehost – Owned by Endurance International Group. It is one of the 20 largest web hosts, collectively hosting well over 2 million domains.
- LiquidWeb – a leader in Managed Hosting solutions for mission-critical sites & apps
- Nexcess – Web hosting optimized for your eCommerce platform.
Email Marketing Providers
- Convertkit – An email provider that has a very intuitive user interface. Convertkit has automation that allows you to tag and segment users to send targeted emails.
- Moosend – Moosend is a good email service provider, especially for beginners. They have a free plan if you’re on a tight budget.
- SendinBlue – smartest and most intuitive platform for growing businesses.
- GetResponse– One of the fastest-growing email marketing services in the world. Designed for people of all skill levels, MailerLite helps you create professional email campaigns. I really like that their features are intuitive and easy to use yet they’re just as powerful as other email tools.
- Cloudways – managed hosting provider that emphasizes performance and simplicity.
- WP Mail SMTP – easily resolves email delivery problems by improving and changing how your WordPress site sends email.
Marketing & SEO
- SEMrush– Stalk your competitors
- KWFinder – Free version allows you to check a site link profile (CF/TF) quickly.
- LongTailPro-All-in-one marketing, sales & service automation platform
- Like Explorer – Check social metrics of your (or competitors’) content.
- Tweet Deck – Manage multiple Twitter account in one dashboard.
- Buzz Sumo – Find popular content and influencers on major social media networks.
- Tag Board – Social media market research.
- All-in-one SEO – This plugin adds a meta box in your WordPress post/page edit screen. To optimize, enter the SEO title, description, and keywords for each post you write.
Social Scheduling & Auto posters
- IFTTT – An mobile and desktop app that allows you to build applets, to automate your posts.
- Revive Social – A must-have WordPress plugin to boost your website traffic, grow your social media followers, and keep them engaged.
- Coschedule – CoSchedule is industry-leading marketing management and editorial calendar platform.
- Tailwind – Schedule to Pinterest and Instagram, post at the best times for engagement, grow together with Tribes, get more actionable analytics
- Zapier – Zapier is an online automation tool that connects your favorite apps, such as Gmail, Slack, Mailchimp, and more.
- Socialbee – offers social media management tools and training to help you get more leads with less effort.
Themes, Page Builders & Landing Pages
- Astra Theme – Lots and lots of amazing themes for a good price.
- Elegant Themes – highly recommended by some of the top WordPress enthusiasts and experts
- GeneratePress – lightweight WordPress theme that focuses on speed, stability, and accessibility.
- ThemeIsle – high-quality WordPress themes that are specifically designed for a niche.
- Elementor – A page builder plugin that allows you to create complex layouts visually, and designs your website live, without having to switch between the editor and the preview mode.
- Unbounce – Unbounce is a drag-and-drop builder that lets you create and publish your own landing pages, without needing a developer to code ’em.
- Instapage – The world’s most advanced landing page platform.
- GetResponse Website Builder – A no-code solution for building websites. Powered by AI.
- Clickfunnels – Helps you to create high converting landing pages, thank you pages, webinar pages, sales pages, and more really quickly.
- BoldGrid – An integrated ecosystem of plugins, themes, and services makes building and managing WordPress websites easier for beginners and more efficient for professionals.
- UpdraftPlus – Free and efficient way to manage, update, and backup your websites.
- Cloud WordPress – Cloud WordPress is the quickest way to test themes or plugins and prototype entire websites. Use this to instantly develop, stage, and safely test WordPress websites before deploying live.
- Coming Soon Page, Maintenance Mode & Landing Pages by SeedProd – A coming soon page (also known as WordPress coming soon mode) enables you to hide temporarily an area of your site which might still be under construction.
Forms & Survey Tools
- WPForms – WPForms is the most beginner-friendly drag & drop WordPress forms plugin.
- OptinMonster – OptinMonster is the most powerful lead generation software for marketing agencies, bloggers, eCommerce websites, and all small businesses.
- MailOptin – Plugin for creating custom login, registration, password reset, edit profile forms as well as user profile at the front-end of a WordPress-powered website.
- RafflePress – Best WordPress Giveaway Plugin
Web Analytics, Backup & Security
- Google Analytics – A web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
- Google Search Console – A free service offered by Google that helps you monitor, and troubleshoot your site’s presence in Google Search results.
- Google Trends – A search trend feature that shows how often a given search term is entered into Google’s search engine.
- Site Kit by Google – Site Kit allows WordPress users to access data from Google products right from their site’s dashboard. The plugin aggregates data from Google Search Console, Google Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, and AdSense.
- Bing Webmaster Tool – Bing’s free site diagnostic tool.
- Matomo – Google Analytics minus Google.
- YouTube Analytics – Statistics on your YouTube videos.
- WP Statistics – Compare your WordPress blog with others.
- Process Street – Simple process and workflow management.
- Total Upkeep – WordPress backup plugin. It also helps you restore your WordPress site in case something bad happens.
- Hide My WP Ghost – adds filters and security layers to your site to prevent Scripts and SQL Injections, Brute Force attacks, XML-RPC attacks, and more.
- iThemes – WordPress security plugin
- Payoneer– Accepts and processes international payments online.
- Wise – An online account lets you send money, get paid, and spend money internationally.
Website Speed & Testing
- Pingdom– Check site speed from several locations.
- Webpage Test – Check webpage speed in detail.
- GT Metrix – Test and track webpage loading speed in detail.
- WP Rocket – premium WordPress plugin that makes websites load fast easily, in a few clicks.
- Fiverr – An online marketplace for freelance services.
- HireWriters– A writing platform where businesses and independent professionals can order articles remotely for as low as $1.50.
Bonus: Get a 10% discount on your 1st-time purchase. Click this link, register at Fiverr.com, and use the code at the checkout process: FIVERRAUTUMN10
- Commission Junction (CJAffiliates) – the industry’s trusted leader and most established affiliate marketing network for two decades.
- Shareasale – This is another large directory of companies with over 3000 affiliate programs and you can easily join.
- Impact Radius – It’s fairly easy to get accepted, and most new bloggers are accepted quickly in this program. This company has been one of the most supportive and successful accounts that I’ve had since starting affiliate marketing.
- Awin – This is a directory for tons of companies with affiliate programs like HP, Hyatt, and Etsy.
- Involve Asia – Involve Asia is a performance-based marketing company preferred and trusted by global brands for affiliate marketing solutions.
- Check out this guide: Everything You Need to Know About Involve Asia (Shopee & Lazada Affiliate Guide)
- Amazon Associate -The Amazon Affiliate program or Amazon Associates allows online marketers to create links from Amazon. It’s free to join here. You can get links here from literally everything.
Marketing and Entrepreneurship Books
- Traffic Secrets – written to help you get your message out to the world about your products and services.
- Expert Secrets – will help you to turn your specialized knowledge, talents, and abilities into a business.
- Dotcom Secrets – will help you to get exponentially more traffic than ever before.
- Entrepreneurial You – Know how to convert your talent and hard work into value for yourself and others.
- One-Page Marketing Plan – will encourage you to focus on what really matters. It can help bring clarity to your thoughts.
- E-Myth Revisited – E-Myth is the romantic belief that small businesses are started by entrepreneurs, when, in fact, most are not. Read this book to know why small businesses fail.
- Keyword Research Course – A free online course to pump up your knowledge on the basics of keyword research.
- Content Marketing Course – A free online course where you can get expert tips and advice to really maximize your content marketing efforts.
- SEO Fundamentals Course – A free online course to help you have a better understanding of how to do SEO and to drive more traffic and customers to your website.
- edX – An online learning destination and MOOC provider, offering high-quality courses from the world’s best universities and institutions to learners.
- CreativeLive – high-quality creative education
- WP Tasty – a powerful recipe plugin for WordPress blogs
- Appsumo – get daily deals website for digitally distributed goods and online services.
You’ve reached the END!
As you can see, I’ve had the privilege of trying out many of these tools while writing posts, from ideas to publishing online. I own multiple websites, and as much as possible, I don’t try to use the same apps or plugins so that I’ll be able to experience them all and compare until I find which one is the best.
Too many tools and still not too sure which one to use?
Over to you
What are your favorite blogging tools? Which ones did I not include here that you would add to the list?
Comment below if you have any tips or tools to talk about!